Vision, Mission, and Objectives
Global Water Alliance 9th Annual Conference
W.A.S.H. and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals for 2015-2030
Our 9th Annual GWA conference took place on April 6th, 2016 at Temple’s Fox Business School. The Conference featured keynote speakers Tom Slaymaker (UNICEF), Rochelle Rainey (USAID), and Sarah Bramley (Save the Children), and include government, NGO, private sector, and academic organizations.
We were honored to have experts from throughout the nation, the Philadelphia Region, and visitors from abroad participating with us. We learned from each other, benchmarked against the best ideas, and shared ideas on how we can meet the ambitious Sustainable Development Goals.
2016 Conference Objectives:
- To learn about the new UN Sustainable Development Goals for water, sanitation, and hygiene [WASH] and what major organizations are doing to help developing countries attain them
- To provide examples of innovations and best practices in the WASH field
- To engender a dialogue between people interested in helping developing countries
Thanks to all of the wonderful speakers, volunteers and participants that made this year’s conference a success!
And a special thanks to our sponsors
- Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGELWharton)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES – Penn)
- Aqua America, Inc
- Christiaan Morssink
- Arun Deb
- Drexel University
- Temple University
- Fairmount Water Works
- Pennoni Associates
- Angelita Fasnacht-Cuellar
- Stanley L. Laskowski